Hi, I’m Chelsea!
You may have found your way here because you found me on YouTube or you were searching for information and motivation on mindset, personal development, or solo travel. Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here.
My mission is to guide and teach others how to design a lifestyle that gives them more freedom to spend their time, energy, and money in ways that best support their goals and values in spaces and cities that speak to their soul.
More specifically, I teach mindset, productivity, intentional living and lifestyle design to people taking the road less traveled in life.
Our time here on Earth is precious and I want to help you live more intentionally and on purpose.
In five years, I made five cross country moves around the U.S., moving solely for the life experience as I listened to the call of my heart. I knew from a young age that I marched to the beat of my own drum. But, as with many of us, I got sucked into the status quo. I graduated from college thinking I knew what I wanted to do with my life, spent endless hours commuting to/from my ‘dream job’ in D.C., but my heart always longed for more.
I knew that my life was meant for more than climbing the ladder, working for the government, and wasting hours of my life watching life pass me by while riding Metro. I knew I needed to break the cycle and take the time to experience the life I wanted for myself, while taking part in the journey of my self discovery. (A journey that, unfortunately, we are not often encouraged to take. In my experience, salaries, PTO, 401K, and mortgages came up in conversation before ‘personal development’ ever did.)
So, I quit my job.
And I began what would become the journey of a lifetime. Starting in 2010, I moved to Utah, back to Northern Virginia, out to San Diego, back to D.C., and then in 2016, I finally made it back to San Diego. (P.S. you can read all about my incredible experience moving as often as I have here.)
Throughout those years, I encountered the greatest heartbreak, the most beautiful life lessons, the hardest moment of my life — losing my mom suddenly in 2012, and the most rewarding — starting my own business. As I moved from city to city, I learned and grew every mile of the way.
I got a lot of heat from loved ones and strangers alike who didn’t (and still don’t) understand the lifestyle I have chosen. A life of non-conformity. And I want you to know that it’s possible to live the life that feels best for you, even if it goes against the status quo.
I learned the importance of my own self discovery journey instead of listening to what other people and society told me I should have, do, or be by a certain age. I wanted a lifestyle of freedom. So, I created it.
Driving across the U.S. as many times as I have opened my eyes up to a world of possibility. I quickly saw the value in experiences, not things.
I learned how often the fear we feel is caused by our unwillingness to let go of something.
But really, it’s when we let go that we are free.
I wanted there to be true meaning and intention behind everything that I did.
But how did I get to that point?
I got crystal clear on my lifestyle design.
I figured out exactly what I wanted my life to feel like and then got rid of everything that did not align.
I took consistent, deliberate action toward those goals, implementing routines, establishing habits, and strengthening my mindset to help me get there.
And now I teach people how to do the same.
what I do:
My approach to teaching mindset & lifestyle design is to ask you to dig a little bit deeper, challenge yourself a little bit more, and uncover those essential values within you that will pave the way to a life of greater purpose.
This is where many people are missing the mark. They read a book and expect their life to change.
It begins within. It begins with our mindset. It’s about finding what is essential to our happiness and to our life. And then taking consistent and deliberate action toward our goals. Setting goals and utilizing powerful habits and routines to stay the course.
Using my expertise as a Certified Life Coach, I help people craft a lifestyle that infuses their deepest values and passions. Through identifying what is truly essential in our life and then letting go of the rest, our lives become richer.
This means letting go of old mindsets, expectations of others, bad habits, and limiting beliefs that have been holding you back all these years.
But you must want it badly enough and you must be willing to put in the work. I believe in sacrifice and working hard toward your biggest goals.
With discipline and tenacity, I created freedom I had once never had. To need less, to want less, to have less… I gained more. I gained more value, time, energy, clarity, and confidence in the life I wanted to live.
And now I’m here to help you find the same.
I also write a lot and have plenty of free resources throughout my blog. Here are a few of my favorite topics:
how you can work with me:
- ONE-ON-ONE COACHING: As an ICF-Accredited Certified Life Coach, I work privately with clients who are ready to work through fear and shift their mindset in order to reach their goals and transform their life! I also offer mentorship sessions. You can learn more about working with me here.
- SOUL-CENTERED MOVING (now closed): My premium online course in moving cross country alone. I have taken every single thing I learned throughout my 5 cross country moves to help prepare you for your own move through these modules and workbooks. You won’t find anything else like this out there (I know because I needed a resource like this before I moved!) Get all the info & get instant access to Soul-Centered Moving here.
- FUTURE OFFERINGS: I’m currently creating new workshops and tools to help you throughout your exciting journey into personal development. To be the first to know about these opportunities to work with me, be sure to join my email tribe here!
- CONTACT ME: Looking to collaborate or say hi? You can find my contact information here. (Unfortunately, I am unable to answer messages asking for advice, but check out my blog posts as I may have answered your question there!)
- I could spend every day exploring new coffee shops.
- I wake up every morning at 4:55am and complete The Miracle Morning as my morning ritual.
- Scandinavian culture and design has been a huge influence in my life and lifestyle design.
- In 2011, I rescued my cat Stella and she has made 4 out of my 5 cross country moves with me!
- I minored in Dance in college and aside from writing, it will always be one of my greatest passions.
- I’m an avid reader. You can find my top book recommendations here.
where you can find me:
- My YouTube Channel
- My email tribe (You’ll also get free access to my workshop on Building Confidence to Make It On Your Own.)
If you can relate to any of this, please make sure we stay in touch by joining my tribe where I share tons of personal stories and inspiration a couple times a month to help guide you and support you as you build your dreams!
+ Before working with Chelsea, I was feeling very stuck. Not growing, not thriving, just surviving. I was unhappy and had a million thoughts racing through my mind and didn’t know which to act on or which to ignore. I would go into a coaching session feeling tired, depressed, and unmotivated, and come out with all my fears and negative feelings washed away. At the end of each session, I felt empowered. All of the lofty goals and dreams of mine were re-affirmed as being absolutely possible, and I would start to get excited about life again. Chelsea was/is exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it!
+ Chelsea helped me feel capable of making the cross country drive/move on my own. I can’t thank her enough for what she shared about her own journey and about the wisdom she’s learned along the way. I truly feel like I couldn’t have made it through this summer/move without all her help! Chelsea had me covered!